Recommended reading on Bowen Family Systems Theory:
“Growing Yourself Up” by FSI Director & Founder, Jenny Brown
“This book is an excellent resource for those interested in pursuing greater emotional maturity in their relationships (and those learning to help others do so). In short, a wonderfully clear, thoughtful and engaging read. I recommend it highly” -Elizabeth A. Skowron, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Counseling Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
To read a review published in ANZJFT click here.
Follow Jenny Brown on Facebook:
- Bregman, O. and White, C.M. (eds) 2011, Bringing Systems Thinking to Life: Expanding the horizons for Bowen family systems theory, New York, London, Taylor & Francis.
- Burkham, R. 2002 The Therapy Triangle: Empowering you with the knowledge to heal. E-book and paper back. Order here.
- Gilbert, R. M. (2006). The Eight Concepts of Bowen Theory. Leading Systems Press (order from her web site)
- Gilbert, R. M. (1999). Connecting with Our Children. New York, John Wiley .
- Gilbert, R. M. (1992). Extraordinary Relationships. New York, John Wiley
- Harrison Victoria. My Family My Self: A Journal of Discovery order at: email@example.com
- Lerner, H. (1988). The Dance of Anger. New York, Harper & Row
- Lerner, H. (1990). The Dance of Intimacy. New York, Harper & Row .
- Lerner, H. (2003). The Dance of Connection. New York, Harper& Row
- Richardson, R. (1995). Family Ties that Bind: A self help guide to change through family of origin therapy. Self Counsel Press. USA, Canada.
- Schnarch, D. (1997). Passionate Marriage. New York, Norton
- Bowen, M (1978). Family Therapy in Clinical practice. New York: Aronson.
- Kerr M & Bowen, M. (1988). Family Evaluation. New York Norton
- McGoldrick, M. (1995). You Can Go Home Again, New York, Norton.
- Papero, D. (1990). Bowen Family Systems Theory. Needham Heights, Massachusetts. Allyn & Bacon.
- Titelman, P. (Ed.) (2008). Triangles: Bowen Family Systems Theory Perspectives. New York Haworth Clinical Practice Press
- Titelman, P. (Ed.) (2003). Emotional Cutoff. Bowen Family Systems Theory Perspectives. New York Haworth Clinical Practice Press
- Titelman, P. (Ed.) (1988). Clinical Applications of Bowen Family Systems Theory. New York, Haworth Press.
- Titelman, P. (Ed.) (1987). The Therapists Own Family: Toward the differentiation of Self. Northvale, New Jersey, Jason Aronson
- Schara, A. (2013). Your Mindfulness Compass. Self-published.
For application to organizations
- Baker Katherine & Fox Leslie. 2009. Leading a Business in Anxious Times. Order here.
- Gilbert, Roberta M.D Extraordinary Leadership. Order here.
- Gilbert, R.M. (2009). The Cornerstone Concept: In Leadership. In Life. Leading Systems Press (order from her web site)
- Miller Jeffrey. The Anxious Organization: Why Smart Companies Do Dumb Things (Paperback)