To provide more detailed FSI/Ministry readings and to workshop ministry scenarios from BFST lens.
Family systems theory is a great tool for ministers to use in their relationships, both at church and in their own families. Relationships can be complex, particularly in ministry, this area can be confusing, draining and even lead to burnout. Having a resource to navigate relationship complexities is of vital importance.
This group series will include:
- Pre-readings based on using Family systems theory in ministry contexts will be provided for discussion.
- Supervision groups will have a strong practical focus, enabling group participants to regularly reflect on dilemmas in their own ministry contexts.
- Groups will also continually consider how learnings from the “theory” interact with the truth of God’s word.
This group can count as recognised prior learning credit towards the FSI’s Systems in Ministry Certificate 2 year program.
We will be writing to various denominational reps to request that this group be endorsed as part of training to be a supervisor of clergy.
Facilitated by Craig Foster
Semester 1 Group
- Emotional Systems: the family, the organization as a unit
- Differentiation of Self: The Concept, The Action
- Triangles & Emotional Cutoff
- Family Projection Process/Multigenerational Transmission Process
- Sibling Positions & Emotional Process in Society
Semester 2 Group
- Intro to theory and Biblical reflections
- Know your patterns under stress
- Understanding your family
- Differentiation of Self and Leadership
- Triangles and Conflict
Online via Zoom
Thursdays at 4-6pm on:
- Semester 1 Craig Foster – 5 sessions (25th March , 29th April, 27th May, 17th June, 22nd July)
Wednesdays at 9.30-11.30am on:
- Semester 2 Craig Foster – 5 sessions (25th August, 15th Sept, 20th Oct, 17th Nov, 8th Dec)
$500 (plus GST) Can be paid in instalments of $255 by request—contact us by phone on 02 9904 5600.
Participants must commit to the whole series of meetings – places will be limited.
Please Note: All FSI events, unless otherwise stated are subject to our cancellation policy.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s) - 25/03/2021 - 10/12/2021
Categories No Categories