Information meeting followed by 6 sessions – using the book Leading a Business in Anxious Times by Leslie Ann Fox and Katharine Gratwick Baker.
This facilitated Reading and Reflection group will explore a Bowen systems lens on anxiety in organisations. This group is for any involved in any level of leadership and for those who consult to organisations.
Here is what the reading will cover-
“Have you ever swum in the ocean where there is a strong undertow? You may not notice the powerful current until you find yourself struggling to stay afloat. Organizational anxiety works the same way. Hidden from the surface, it can undermine your effectiveness during the challenging times that inevitably confront every organization. Leading a Business in Anxious Times looks at the workplace as an emotional system and introduces systems-based leadership, an approach to leading that is grounded in a well-tested theory of human behavior used for over fifty years by family therapists. The authors show that the same patterns of automatic behavior governing family relationship systems also affect business and have a profound impact on every business’s success. This book invites individuals working at all levels of large and small businesses, nonprofits, and service organizations to embrace a new definition of leadership as a reciprocal relationship.” Read more >
Read Leading a Business in Anxious Times and discover how to:
- How the ability to lead any type of business organization directly relates to the capacity of its leaders to manage their own anxiety in the relationship system – to think clearly and take thoughtful action in the presence of anxious colleagues in order to minimize the crippling effects of anxiety in the company
- How this ability is affected by one’s position in one’s family of origin as well as one’s family history.
Organisational coach Ken Morgan
Ken Morgan is Chair of The Family Systems Institute and a graduate of the FSI Core Program. Since 1998 Ken has worked as a consultant, trainer and coach to organisational leaders across Australia and beyond. A graduate of Tabor College and Victoria University, he makes his home in Melbourne.
Limited to 8 participants (but Ken will run a second if the interest is there). Introduction session on Friday 4th June followed by talking over two chapters at a time.
- Introduction Friday June 4th at 1:00 PM
- Session 1 Friday June 26th at 1:00 PM
- Session 2 Friday July 16th at 1:00 PM
- Session 3 Friday August 13th at 1:00 PM
- Session 4 Friday September 10th at 1:00 PM
- Session 5 Friday October 8th at 1:00 PM
- Session 6 Friday October 29th at 1:00 PM
All sessions are 1 hour – from 1.00 – 2.00 pm.
On Zoom – link provided by email after registration.
Cost for complete series: $175 plus GST ($192.50) plus price of the book.
Bookings close: Wednesday 2nd June at 1 pm.
Please Note: All FSI events, unless otherwise stated are subject to our cancellation policy.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s) - 04/06/2021
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm