The following NEW training programs are available for team professional development. These programs are especially designed for in house team training to assist your clinicians to utilise family systems thinking and applications in their current work.
Each can be done as 2 X 3 hour seminars
Or an extended package that is the above seminars followed up with 4 X 2 hour supervision of case application.
Bowen family systems theory is unique in the way it provides clinicians with the guiding principles that orient them to more thoughtful, non-technique-driven and more sustainable work with clients.
1: Use of the Family Genogram/Diagram in clinical and case work practice.
- How to collaboratively construct a 3 generational genogram with a client.
- The codes and symbols most relevant for complex intergenerational families; as well as for the various shapes/membership of household and kin groups.
- How to collect functional facts and avoid subjective labelling.
- Ways to track adverse life events on a genogram and open up conversations about how the family has responded to challenges in the past.
- Ways to utilise the big picture view of family in clinical work.
2: Trauma assessments and clinical work that include a family systems lens.
- Thinking about the family response to adverse life events.
- Ways to explore the variations in the effects of trauma on different members of the family
- The use of the genogram/family diagram to put trauma in a broader context of family survival.
3: Engaging Parents to be a resource to their child’s recovery in mental health.
- Understanding the challenges in engaging parents in their child/young person’s mental health treatment.
- What it like in the parent’s shoes
- Presenting a model for workers in CAMHS to assist parents to grow agency based hope.
- Drawing from Bowen theory while also including lenses from attachment theory and other ‘agency based’ family approaches.
4: Essential of family therapy
- Thinking about individual symptoms from a whole family lens
- Core skills for engaging family members in therapy – or case work
- Managing the challenges of clinician reactions to anxious family members.
- Tracking family relationship interactions relevant to the presenting issue
Each package includes:
- Training material.
- Relevant articles.
- A training MP3 for the organisation library.
For more information please feel free to contact us on (02) 9904 5600 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on our upcoming Events please go to www.thefsi.com.au/events